The RCAT Hockey For Hunger Canned Food Drive
Let's Aim to Help End Hunger
Updated Monday January 28, 2019 by Red Circle Hockey Club.
While we all have a great time participating in the RCAT tournament we would like to send out a challenge!!!
Get in that team spirit and start collecting any and all donatons for the London Food Bank. Bring your donations the weekend of the tournament. The team who collects the most, will receive a super amazing BUT secret prize selected by the RCAT committee !!!!
Please consider these statistics and help as much as you can. Let's Go Raiders!!!!!!!
- 41 242 hampers of emergency food were distributed in 2017, serving 98 934 people.
- Over the year, 11 119 different households comprised of 24 604 distinct people received assistance from the London Food Bank.
- An average of 3 454 households visited each month to receive a hamper of emergency food.
- On average, each family visited 3.7 times per year. 32% visited once, 70% visited four times or less, and only 2.4% visited 12 times.
- 38% of individuals assisted were children and youth aged 18 or younger, and 6% were adults aged 60 or older.
- Households relied on income as follows: 39% received Ontario Works, 25% received Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP), 11% had no income at all, 9% had some form of employment income, 6% were pensioners, 4% reported other sources of income (such as sponsorship or Children’s Aid Society), and 1% for each of support (spousal or child), Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP), and worker’s compensation.